Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pierogi Chicken Lasagna ***

We've had this before and loved it, but I made the mistake of trying a new spaghetti sauce this time. Will definitely stick with the old favorite in the future. I also made it in a 9x13 pan this time, since I didn't have a 9x9. That wasn't bad, but it does taste so much better when you get a mouthful of pierogi in each bite. :) I think next time, I'm going to double the recipe and do it in a 9x13. That will give us plenty of leftovers for lunches and such.

PIEROGI CHICKEN LASAGNA
(~*~Sandy~*~)

1 lb pierogies, frozen
1 cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese
1 (18 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
4 grilled chicken breasts, sliced

1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Pour half of the sauce into a 9"x 9" casserole dish.
3. Layer pierogies over sauce and top with sliced chicken breast.
4. Pour remaining sauce over casserole and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Cover with sprayed foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments: