Saturday, February 13, 2010

Crustless Cheeseburger Quiche **

This was actually pretty good. It was strange to eat something with the eggy texture on top that still tastes like a cheeseburger, lol, but we ended up liking it. The kids both had seconds, so that's a good sign for them. I subbed ground turkey for the ground beef, as usual. I doubled the entire thing and put it in a 9x13 dish. I cooked it for about 55 minutes. I'm thinking it might be good with hashbrowns underneath the hamburger layer. I think I might try that next time.

CRUSTLESS CHEESEBURGER QUICHE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

1 lb ground beef
1-2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 eggs, beaten
garlic powder, to taste
pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef and onion powder in a large skillet over medium heat, drain off fat.
Mix together eggs, cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper and shredded cheddar cheese.
Put browned beef into a 9 inch pie plate, pour remaining ingredients over the beef.
Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.

No comments: