Thursday, February 25, 2010

Easy Chicken Pie ***

This is one we tried years ago, but I never labeled it in my files. I finally got around to trying it again, and it's really good! I think I want to try it again, except with Stovetop as the topping. The sauce is kind of similar to giblet gravy, so I think it would be really good with Stovetop on it. As it was, I added some hot sauce to the dough part, just to give it a little flavor (no heat). I'd definitely do that again too. Overall, it's a keeper. :)

EASY CHICKEN PIE
(Melanie - threekiddos4me)

6 eggs, boiled
4 chicken breasts, boiled and cut up
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 ½ cups self rising flour
1 ½ cups milk
1 ½ sticks margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Boil eggs and chicken, set aside. Mix soup and broth in bottom of casserole dish and stir well. Add chicken. Slice eggs over top of chicken. Mix flour, milk and margarine well together and pour over chicken. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until crust is brown. (Makes 4-6 servings)

No comments: