Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grilled Cabbage ***

This was so good!  My kids even ate half a wedge each.  I was shocked.  I threw it on the grill with the brats, and it was absolutely wonderful to cook the entire meal without heating up the house.  My only complaint is that I think my cabbage must have been larger than the OP used.  Even after cooking 50 minutes, the inner parts of the wedges were still just a tad to crisp.  That's easily remedied, though.  Next time, I'll cut the head into 6 wedges instead of 4.  I also used turkey bacon this time, and I really don't think it was the best choice.  I didn't get that smoky flavor that a lot of the reviews mentioned.  I'm going to try it with regular bacon next time.  And there will be a next time.  :-)

Photo courtesy of Food.com

GRILLED CABBAGE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Food.com)

1 head cabbage
4 teaspoons butter
4 slices bacon
     Spice mix:
     1 teaspoon salt
     1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
     1/4 teaspoon pepper
     2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

Cut cabbage into four wedges.
Place each wedge on a piece of doubled heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Spread cut sides with butter.
Mix spices together in a small container and sprinkle all of the mixture equally over each wedge.
Wrap bacon around each wedge.
Fold foil around cabbage, sealing each wedge tightly.
Grill cabbage, covered, over medium heat for 40 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, turning twice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Try thick slice Peppered Bacon
OMG SOOOO GOOD !!!!

Amy said...

That sounds amazing! I'm absolutely going to go looking for it this weekend!