Monday, February 24, 2014

Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken ***

This is one of the recipes that I made back in 2007, before I even started my blog.  I had down that it was a recipe we liked, but I never rated it or reviewed it in my notes or anything.  I have several like that in my files, so I'm trying to work through them here and there.  We loved this one, though.  I made it with the tricolor rotini, and I used frozen chicken.  I started it a little late, so I had to cook on high for a bit at the first.  I'll do the frozen again, but next time, I'll do hours on low and then add the cream cheese and do another hour.  My crockpot runs pretty warm, so that's all the time it takes to cook from frozen.  I didn't bother mixing the cream cheese or anything.  I just added it the last hour, along with the mushrooms and soup.  At that point, I also shredded the chicken.  Then I stirred everything up and left it for the rest of the time.  When it was done, I stirred in the cooked noodles.  Perfect!  It does need a little pepper, but other than that, it's absolutely wonderful!


CROCKPOT CREAMY ITALIAN CHICKEN
(Grace ~ TigMode)

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 package (8oz) light cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
hot cooked rice or noodles (I really like this served over spinach fettuccini or tri color rotini pasta)

Place chicken in slowcooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. cover and cook on low for 3 hours. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice or noodles.
*luckymommy/Amy's notes: I used frozen chicken and cooked a total of 5 hours.  During the last hour, I shredded the chicken and added the cream cheese, soup, and mushrooms directly to the crockpot and stirred well to combine.

No comments: