Monday, February 10, 2014

Crockpot Cheesy Veggie Rotini ***

I originally set out to make the Slow Cooker Inside-Out Ravioli, from GetCrocked.com.  Once I started making it, though, I ended up making so many changes that I doubt the taste is the same as hers.  I figured I'd better give it a different name.  I definitely want to give her credit for the inspiration, though.

This was absolutely delicious!  I'm on a tricolor garden rotini kick right now, so that was the reason behind my first change.  I also am completely crazy about spinach and the three-pepper onion blend (as I've mentioned before, lol),  I just can't even describe the deliciousness.  It's so easy to throw together.  If you had the meat already cooked and frozen (which I often do), you could just throw it all in the crockpot together and up the cook time a bit.  I'd be willing to bet I do that in the near future.  Everyone loved it, and plates were cleaned all around.


CROCKPOT CHEESY VEGGIE ROTINI
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

1 lb ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
1 package frozen three-pepper and onion blend
1-2 tsp garlic powder (your preference)
1 (24 oz) jar of plain pasta sauce
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
3 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 cups fresh spinach
16 oz tricolor rotini, cooked
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups mozzarella, shredded

Brown the ground turkey, onion, peppers, and garlic powder.  While meat is cooking, add pasta sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and spinach to 5-6 quart crockpot. Drain meat and stir into crockpot.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours (depending on your crockpot).
About 15 minutes before serving, add 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, and al-dente cooked pasta. Stir well to mix in sauce evenly.
Sprinkle individual servings with remaining mozzarella.

No comments: