Wednesday, July 26, 2017

All-In-One Crockpot Chicken with Rice and Brussels Sprouts *

This was just disgusting. The chicken had zero flavor (which I should have known, but I must have totally been off my rocker that day). I coated it well with rotisserie rub, but you honestly couldn't taste it at all. The sprouts were decent but bland. The rice was just kind of there. I mean, it was kind of mushy, with no flavor whatsoever. We love sprouts, but this is something I will never be making again.

ALL-IN-ONE CROCKPOT CHICKEN WITH RICE AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
(KathEats)

1 cup long grain brown rice
4.5 cups water
2 large chicken breasts, herbed to your liking with rosemary, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper
1 pound of Brussels sprouts, halved (or any vegetables you like!)

Layer as listed above and cook on high for 4 hours.
I enjoyed mine with a dollop of Greek yogurt on the side. We ate all of the chicken but had plenty of rice + sprouts to save for a side dish the next night.

No comments: