Thursday, July 27, 2017

Crockpot Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole ***

This was better than I thought it would be. I am generally not a big Sloppy Joe fan, but I am a HUGE tater tot fan (as I might have mentioned once or twice on here 😉). I figured that would be enough to keep my interest. And I was right! This was not bland at all, which can be a problem with crockpot tater tot meals. I used some frozen ground turkey that I had on hand, so I just skipped the first step and mixed everything together in the pot. I also subbed pinto beans for the kidney beans, since Hubs is pretty anti-kidney.  It was all great, though. The kids loved it. I will definitely make again!


CROCKPOT TATER TOT SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ TammiLeeTips)

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 c tomato sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp mustard
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 can red kidney beans
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 bag tater tots, frozen

Brown beef with onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard to the beef mixture. Mix well.
Add the kidney beans
Spray the inside bowl of the slow cooker with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper
Place a layer of tater tots on the bottom of the bowl
Cover with the beef mixture
Place another layer of tater tots on top of the beef mixture.
Cover the bowl with a tea towel, and place the lid over that.
Cook on high for 4 hours
In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the lid and sprinkle on the cheese. Replace lid and continue cooking until the cheese is melted and gooey.
When serving, garnish with a dollop of sour cream or ketchup if you prefer.
*luckymommy/Amy's notes: I subbed pinto beans for the kidney and ground turkey for the beef.

No comments: