Saturday, August 27, 2016

Overnight Sausage, Egg, and Biscuit Bake ***

This was really good.  I didn't see the part about the overnight thing until the next morning, so I just made it fresh and popped it in the oven.  I'll definitely try it overnight next time.  I couldn't find the sausage crumbles at our store (very rarely can, unfortunately), and I was too lazy to actually cook the sausage myself.  I had some of the real bacon pieces, so I just used them instead.  It reminded me a lot of the Bacon-Cheese Pull-Aparts, but I think I preferred the additional eggs in this one.  I'll definitely be making this again, since it's such a simple and filling breakfast for school mornings!



OVERNIGHT SAUSAGE, EGG AND BISCUIT BAKE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ MessForLess)

16 oz container of biscuits
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 cups of shredded cheddar/jack mix
2 cups cut up breakfast sausage
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
Open up a package of biscuits and cut each into 6 pieces.
Spread cut biscuits in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions. Cut into bite sized pieces and spread over top of biscuits.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the sausage.
Beat 6 eggs with milk and pour over the biscuits and sausage.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and add a shake of salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.
(Once you pour the eggs and cheese on top, you can bake it or place it in the refrigerator overnight and bake it the next morning.)

No comments: