Sunday, August 21, 2016

Crock Pot Salsa Ranch Chicken Pasta ***

This was super yummy.  I found the cilantro lime dressing, but the 11-year-old is pretty adamantly opposed to cilantro (truthfully, I have to agree with him - yuck!).  Instead, I just went with the basic buttermilk ranch.  We all loved it!  It reminded me of some of the other ranch and chicken crockpot meals we've tried, but I really liked the addition of the salsa in this one.  The sour cream and salad dressing obviously soften the spice of the salsa, so I'm thinking that next time I might go with a hotter version (I typically stick with mild when it comes to salsa).  This took me all of 10 minutes to throw together on my lunch break, but the final result tasted like I spent some real time on it.  We'll definitely be having this one again soon!



CROCK POT SALSA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ TheCountryCook)

5-6 frozen chicken breasts
1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup salsa
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
1 (1 lb.) box rotini pasta, prepared

Place frozen chicken breasts into the bottom of a 6-quart (or larger) slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, salsa and minced garlic.
Pour this mixture over frozen chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
About 30 minutes or so before this is finished cooking, begin preparing the rotini pasta according to package directions.
Once chicken is cooked, remove chicken breasts and shred them or cut into chunks.
Whisk sour cream and Hidden Valley Ranch dressing into cream of chicken/salsa mixture in the slow cooker. Add chicken back into the slow cooker and stir in prepared rotini pasta.
Stir well. Then serve with a yummy, green salad!

No comments: