Saturday, August 20, 2016

Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake **

I decided to do this one for breakfast, since it was basically just muffin mix and apples anyway.  Unfortunately, I have to give this two stars, even though I'd really prefer to give it three.  One kid loved it.  The oldest said it "tastes weird, but okay... I guess."  He then decided to go with a bowl of cereal instead.  Personally, I thought it was great.  But since I have to do my ratings on how the family digs it...   It's basically just an apple crumb cake, but I loved that I could start breakfast before bed and have it ready first thing in the morning.  Not to mention how amazing the house smelled when we crawled out of bed!


CROCK POT APPLE DUMP CAKE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ TheCountryCook)

2 (7 oz.) packets Martha White Apple Cinnamon (or Apple Cider) muffin mix
2 cans apple pie filling
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted

Lightly spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker (crock pot) with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour in two cans of apple pie filling.
Evenly sprinkle two packets of muffin mix on top of the apple pie filling. Pour melted butter over entire muffin mix. Note: the butter won't cover all the dry muffin mix.
Cover and cook on low or 3-5 hours.
You want the top to be golden brown and the apple pie filling should be bubbling up from underneath. 
Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!

No comments: