Sunday, August 25, 2013

Creole Pork Chops in Crockpot ***

This was another one from my older files, but it was still every bit as yummy as ever.  I doubled the entire recipe, so that dh would have leftovers for lunch.  This makes the pork chops so tender and flavorful.  The only change I might make next time is to add a bit more rice.  I used brown rice, so it didn't fluff up as well as white would have.  I like being able to use the brown rice with it, though.  I also used the fire roasted diced tomatoes, since that's our favorite.  Oh, and I cut down on the salt by about half.  The kids even ate every bite of the rice, which is unusual when something has green peppers.  Eight thumbs up on this one!


CREOLE PORK CHOPS IN CROCKPOT
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

1 tbsp. oil
4 loin pork chops
2 tbsp. flour
1 can (19 oz.) tomatoes
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 med. onion, chopped
1-1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup rice

Dredge the chops in the flour and brown on both sides in oil. Add 1 cup water to 1/2 cup rice in bottom of crock pot. Add browned chops and other ingredients. Cook 8 hours on low.
*luckymommy's notes: I double the recipe, add a bit more rice, use fire-roasted tomatoes, and half the salt.

No comments: