Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cheesy Crockpot Cowboy Casserole ***

We really enjoyed this.  It was nothing special, but we all liked it.  It's a very hearty dish.  Hubby and I added a little hot sauce to our servings, but the kids had it plain.  I didn't put the cheese on while it was in the crockpot, but I just sprinkled a little on each serving.  As usual, I used ground turkey in place of the beef, which worked out great in here.  I didn't have any Mrs, Dash, so I subbed Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.  I'll keep doing that, because it gave it some nice flavor.  I also replaced the kidney beans with pinto beans, since Hubby hates kidney beans with a passion.  Oh, and I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes, just because that's my preference. :-)


CHEESY CROCKPOT COWBOY CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Family Fresh Meals via Pinterest)

1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash
1 lbs small red potatoes, sliced thin (about 4-5 small red potatoes),
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 lb ground beef browned and drained
1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid
1 cup canned corn
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Place all of the ingredients except the cheese in a 4- 6 quart crockpot and stir well.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Uncover crock-pot and sprinkle shredded cheese over top and recover and let cook an additional 30 minutes.
*luckymommy's notes: I subbed ground turkey, fire-roasted tomatoes, Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, and pinto beans.

No comments: