Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Slow Cooker Crumbled Beef Sandwiches ***

I don't have a real link for this one.  I got it from Pinterest, but when you click the link, it just takes you to the Tastefully Simple website.  I looked it up on there, but it didn't show any results.  This turned out really well, though.  I subbed ground turkey, but I don't think I'd do that again.  The turkey crumbles just a bit too much.  I'm going to try it again next week with beef, but overall, we really liked it.  My only complaint is that it's not very flavorful once it's on the sandwich.  It tastes great right out of the crockpot, but once it's on the bread, some of the flavor is masked.  I'm thinking I might try just a dash of liquid smoke next time.  We'll see. Either way, this is a keeper, since it has such a long cook time (which I love) and is so easy to throw together.


SLOW COOKER CRUMBLED BEEF SANDWICHES
(Tastefully Simple via Pinterest)

2 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 lbs ground beef
2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1-1/2 cups water
hamburger buns

Combine first six ingredients in slow cooker. Mix until ground beef is very moist and crumbly.
Cook on low 7-10 hours. Stir and drain. Spoon onto buns.  Garnish with mustard, ketchup, and cheese.
*Note: This meat mixture can be used for spaghetti, tacos, soups, etc.

No comments: