Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sausage Oven Pancake ***

The entire family loved this one.  I cooked the sausage last night and then put it in the casserole dish and sprinkled the cheese over it.  Then this morning while we were getting ready for church, I mixed up the batter and poured it on top.  I just had to bake it an extra 5 minutes or so, but it was delicious!  Our only complaint was that it didn't make enough, lol.  I really would have liked a little more of the "pancake" with the sausage, so I think I might double that part and put it in a 9x13 next time.  Other than that, though, there were thumbs up all around.  For as easy as this is, we'll be having it often!


Photo courtesy of 4kowboys.blogspot.com

SAUSAGE OVEN PANCAKE
(4kowboys ~ Rachel ~ realmomkitchen.blogspot.com)

1 (12 oz) pkg pork sausage
1 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp. maple-flavored syrup
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil (I always use canola)
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 cup maple-flavored syrup

Cook sausage in skillet, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain sausage on paper towels. Spread sausage into a 8 inch of 9 inch square baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over sausage. In large bowl, beat egg, milk, 2 tbsp syrup, and the oil with a wire whisk until well blended. Beat in flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour batter evenly over sausage and cheese. Bake 25 to 30 min at 350 degrees until golden brown. Serve topped with remaining maple syrup.
*Rachel's Notes: I left out the cheese and it was not missed.

No comments: