Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bierock Casserole **

We've had this one before, but it's been a few years.  The last time I cooked it, we had a 1-year-old and a 3-year-old, lol, so they didn't try it.  Both had some tonight.  DS1 loved it.  He even asked for seconds.  He didn't end up eating them, but he did ask.  DS2 ate a decent amount.  He's not much of an eater anyway, so that never shocks me anymore.  He did try it, and he said it was okay.  He ate about half of his.  That's about the best I can hope for sometimes.  I still like it.  I forgot to add the cheese (doh!), so I ended up sprinkling some on each serving.  It worked out just fine.  I also used pizza crust dough, since I'm not a huge fan of the crescents.


Photo courtesy of Recipezaar.com

BIEROCK CASSEROLE
(Sandy ~ Bettyinthekitchen)

1 ½ lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 small head cabbage, shredded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans crescent rolls or pizza dough
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add cabbage to mixture and steam. Add soup to mixture and steam. Line bottom of a 9"x13" pan with 1 can of crescent rolls (flat). Top rolls with hamburger mixture. Top with cheddar cheese and top cheese with second can of crescent rolls, pinch top together. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Casserole may be frozen.
Sandy's notes: I usually only use 1 lb ground beef or turkey, sub coleslaw mix for cabbage. Two cans of pizza dough can be subbed for the crescent rolls, or make homemade dough.

No comments: