Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Irish Herbed Potatoes ****

These were absolutely delicious!  I can't say enough about them.  I actually picked them out to make for St. Pat's Day, and then I got home and realized my corned beef recipe already had potatoes in it, lol.  Anyway, we finally tried them tonight with hamburgers, and they are so yummy!  My 6-year-old actually asked for seconds of a veggie!  I didn't make too many revisions with this one.  I used small red potatoes, and cut them into quarters, leaving the skin on.  I used dried parsley instead of fresh, since that's all I had.  I only put about 2 tablespoons of that in there.  I melted the butter as I waited for the water to boil, and then I mixed up the other ingredients and let them sit in the butter while the potatoes simmered.  That had the dried herbs nice and soft before combining with the potatoes.  This one will be made many, many, many times in our house!!!  It actually reminds me a lot of another recipe I have, Joe's Crab Shack's Buttered Parsley Potatoes.  I think I prefer this one, though.


Photo by Taste of Home

IRISH HERBED POTATOES
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Taste of Home)

2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons minced chives
3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 3 teaspoons dill weed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.

No comments: