Monday, March 1, 2010

Chicken Chile Casserole **

This is pretty good. I threw everything in together and cooked in the crockpot on low for 6 hours. I did add about a cup of chicken broth, but I could have probably just added a little extra half-and-half or something. It was good, though. The kids really liked it. Dh and both think there's just a little something missing, though. I'm thinking that next time, I'll either double the chiles in the recipe or switch out the salt for seasoning salt, or something like that. I definitely want to play around with it a bit to enhance the flavor. A good, filling meal with little hassle, though. Gotta love that! :)
See my crockpot version here: Crockpot Chicken Chile Casserole

CHICKEN CHILE CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces half-and-half
1 cup chopped onion
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (2 lb) package frozen cubed hash browns
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken (I use leftover)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Mix sour cream,half and half, onions, chiles, salt and pepper.
Stir in potatoes, chicken and 2 cups of the cheese.
Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving.

No comments: