Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice *

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into this one. It's too "oniony" for me. I really think you could leave out the onion soup mix and just cook the ground beef with chopped onion. I ended up having to add 1/2 can of water, 2 tablespoons ketchup, and 1 tablespoon mustard just to get it to where it was decent for me. Dh loves it. I don't think I can make it again, though. I'd like to see if there are some changes I could make to make it a little more palatable. They'd have to be some extreme changes, though.

BACON CHEESEBURGER RICE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

5 cups cooked rice
1 lb ground beef
3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 (10 ¾ oz) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
3 tablespoons onion soup mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown and drain beef.
While beef is cooking, mix together soup, onion soup mix, bacon pieces and cheese. Add to browned ground beef.
Simmer on low until cheese is just melted.
Add rice and mix well.
Serve immediately or allow to cool and ladle into 1-gallon freezer bag.
Label and freeze.
To serve: allow to thaw overnight in refrigerator and reheat on stovetop or in microwave. You could also freeze this in a reusable casserole dish for easier thawing/cooking.

No comments: