Monday, March 1, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Chile Casserole **

This is pretty good. I threw everything in together and cooked in the crockpot on low for 6 hours. I did add about a cup of chicken broth, but I could have probably just added a little extra half-and-half or something. It was good, though. The kids really liked it. Dh and both think there's just a little something missing, though. I'm thinking that next time, I'll either double the chiles in the recipe or switch out the salt for seasoning salt, or something like that. I definitely want to play around with it a bit to enhance the flavor. A good, filling meal with little hassle, though. Gotta love that! :)
See the original version here: Chicken Chile Casserole

CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILE CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

8 ounces sour cream
1 cup chicken broth
8 ounces half-and-half
1 cup chopped onion
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (2 lb) package frozen cubed hash browns
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken (I use leftover)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Mix sour cream, broth, half and half, onions, chilies, salt and pepper.
Stir in potatoes, chicken and 2 cups of the cheese.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving.

No comments: