Thursday, March 4, 2010

Husband's Delight **

Okay, I'll admit it. I picked this one almost solely for its name, lol. I wanted to make something dh would enjoy, and it looked like a good pick. I did like it (as did he), but it's just not quite right. The cream cheese/sour cream/cottage cheese layer didn't melt enough. I think it would have been better with less of that cheese layer or maybe with it mixed into the noodles more. I'm thinking I may try cutting out the cream cheese and adding some parmesan cheese in its place. There are possibilities. I'm not giving up on it yet. :) Oh, and I used all low fat stuff and replaced the ground beef with ground turkey.


Photo courtesy of Recipezaar.com

HUSBAND'S DELIGHT
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

24 ounces tomato sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked as directed
1 tablespoon sugar

Brown ground beef, bell peppers, and garlic together and drain.
Cook noodles as directed then drain.
Add noodles, sugar, and tomato sauce to ground beef and stir.
Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and chopped onion.
Put into a 3-quart casserole dish a layer of noodles and meat, then a layer of cheese mixture.
Add the last of meat and noodle mixture.
Last of all add grated cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: