Thursday, September 1, 2016

Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole **

I think my 11-year-old said it best: "This is good, but it's definitely not my favorite."  It was tasty and filling, but it just kind of lacked something.  For one thing, the rice gets too mushy when it's cooked for so long.  If I did it again, I might try it on high for the shorter cook time.  I doubt I'll mess with it again, though.  It just didn't "wow" us enough.



CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ MostlyHomemadeMom)

6 oz box long grain and wild rice mix (unprepared)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz sliced mushrooms
10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup real bacon pieces

Pour dry rice into bottom of slow cooker, set aside seasoning envelope. Lay chicken over dry rice.
Sprinkle mushroom slices over chicken. In a small bowl, whisk soup, water, and contents of seasoning envelope.
Pour over mixture in crockpot. Sprinkle bacon pieces on top.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments: