Monday, September 12, 2016

Crockpot Green Beans ***

These were delicious!  I would definitely use the bacon strips.  I had a pack of bacon pieces to use up, and while it was still great, I think it would have been even better with the real deal.  I had to double the recipe for my crew (growing boys will eat you out house and home), but other than that stuff, I really didn't change much.  Can't beat the simplicity on this bad boy!


CROCKPOT GREEN BEANS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ RecipesThatCrock)

2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian cut green beans
2 pieces of bacon
4 T butter
water (enough to cover your beans)
salt and pepper to taste

Pour your cans of green beans in your crock pot.
Tear up your uncooked bacon into pieces and scatter in your crock pot.
Cut up your butter into pats and place evenly around your crock pot.
Add enough water to cover your beans by a half inch.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
*luckymommy/Amy's notes: I doubled the recipe.

No comments: