Sunday, July 5, 2015

Apple Pie Bubble-Up ****

This.was.phenomenal.  It's some kind of crazy mix-up of cinnamon rolls and apple dumplings.  I doubled the recipe and still used a 9x13.  We needed to feed more than 8, so I thought I'd better be on the safe side.  I just added an extra 10 minutes on to the cook time.  It was absolutely perfect.  There were two tiny pieces left afterwards, and I let the kids have them for breakfast.  Just as good reheated!

The butterscotch chips added an extra little level of flavor, but it honestly would have been just as good without them.  I may try it with halving them next time and eventually try it without them in there at all.  I also wonder how it would be with caramel chips.  Or with using peaches instead of apples.  The possibilities are endless!

We were in such a rush to eat it all at our 4th of July get-together that I didn't get to take a pick.  I'll have to do that next time.

APPLE PIE BUBBLE-UP
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ PlainChicken)

1 (12-oz) can refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Jr biscuits (10 count)
1 (21-oz) can apple pie filling
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and butterscotch chips. Using a spatula, chop up apple slices into bite-sized pieces. Cut biscuits into 4 pieces. Stir into apple mixture.
Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over baked casserole.
Yield: Serves 8
*luckymommy/Amy's notes: I doubled the entire recipe and put it in a 9x13. I then added on an extra 10 minutes of cook time. Next time, I'll cut the butterscotch in half.

No comments: