Monday, December 16, 2013

Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy *

Sorry for the lack of posting. I've been cooking, but with all of the holiday rushing around, I've basically stuck to the good old reliable classics (in other words, the ones I can make from memory, lol).

Let me start this by saying that I don't really care for cube steak all that much in the first place.  However, the OP made a point of stating that she normally wasn't a cube steak fan until she found this recipe.  She said it was unbelievably tender.  It was still dry and chewy, in my opinion.  The sauce was decent, but as you can see from the picture, it came out with way too much liquid.  Hubby liked it okay, but I just wasn't a fan at all.  The flavor of the gravy was good, but the chewy meat was just too much of a distraction.  I might actually try this again with pork chops instead of cube steak.  That might make it a little less icky.  I don't know.  I'll have to think about it. :-(


CROCKPOT CUBE STEAK AND GRAVY
(The Post-It Place ~ via Pinterest)

Cube steak   (I used a family size pack)
2 cans (10.75 ounce size) cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
3/4  cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low all day. Serve over rice, noodles, mashed potatoes or with your favorite side dishes.

No comments: