Monday, October 14, 2013

Crockpot Meatloaf and Potatoes **

This was good, but it wasn't what I wanted it to be.  The flavor of the meatloaf was great.  That wasn't a problem at all.  I cooked it for 9 hours, and while the meatloaf was slightly dry and overcooked, the potatoes were still pretty hard.  Some of them turned out perfectly, but at least 2 of them were way undercooked.  I think that next time, I would increase the meatloaf amount and use smaller potatoes.  That would probably help.  It would be great if you could mix up the meatloaf ahead of time and freeze it.  Then, by the time it had thawed and cooked, the potatoes should be pretty perfect.  I need to think on it some more, because I really do love the idea of it.

CROCKPOT MEATLOAF AND POTATOES
(Gleams of Sunshine via Pinterest)

2.5 pounds of ground turkey (or beef, if you prefer)
1 egg
3/4  cup smashed cornflakes (or bread crumbs, but I prefer corn flakes)
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, Italian seasoning to taste
5-6 baking potatoes

Mix the ingredients well and form a “loaf” in the bottom of your crock pot.
Then, wash 5-6 potatoes, prick them with a knife or fork, and wrap them in foil.  Place them around the meatloaf.  Cook for 8-10 hours on low.

No comments: