Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Best Pot Roast Ever ***

I'm torn between two stars and three stars on this one.  It's good, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it the "best" pot roast I've ever had.  I used a Boston Butt, since I'm not a huge fan of beef roast.  The roast itself was divine.  However, the gravy/sauce was just too peppery for the kids and me.  Hubby loved it.  I doubled the recipe when I made it, so that we'd have lunch leftovers.  I'll do that next time as well, but I'll stick closer to a 4-lb roast and only use one envelope of Italian dressing.  I think that's what put it over the edge.  I used a 5-lb roast, and it was just a bit too big when I put it on top of the potatoes.  4 or 4.5 even would be much better.  I'll definitely make it again, though.  It doesn't get much easier than this.  I cut my potatoes in quarters so that they would lay better in the pot.


THE BEST POT ROAST EVER
(Marie's Cooking Adventures ~ via Pinterest - recipe has been doubled)

4-4.5 lb roast. (any kind)
2 envelopes ranch dressing (dried)
2 envelopes Italian dressing
2 envelopes brown gravy mix
14 baby red potatoes
1 lb carrots
2-3 cups water

Put any carrots and potatoes in the bottom of your CrockPot. I usually quarter my potatoes and use baby carrots.
Put Roast on top of vegetables.
Sprinkle all 3 spice envelopes on top.
Add the water.
Cook on LOW for 6-10 hours until tender and veggies cooked through.It is better to cook the roast longer. This will be sooooo tender and yummy!!

No comments: