Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Manwich Cheesy Chicken Pasta ***

I was really surprised by how tasty this was.  I'm not a fan of sloppy joes in general, but this was pretty good.  The cheese and chicken help to soften the sweetness of the sloppy joe mix, which helps a lot.  I had shredded chicken in the freezer, so I just pulled that out to use.  Between that and not having to precook the noodles, this recipe is beyond easy.  I had it on the table in less than 30 minutes.  Woo hoo!  I'm definitely putting this one in the "keeper" file!


MANWICH CHEESY CHICKEN PASTA
(Yellow Bliss Road via Pinterest)

2 cups shredded or diced chicken
2 Tbsp minced onion
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 can Manwich Bold  + 1 can water
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 pound of small dry pasta (I used penne)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. Heat a small amount of oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and saute for one minute, then add cooked chicken* and saute for a couple of minutes.
(*Tip: I happened to have cooked, shredded chicken on hand so I used that, but I think I would start with raw chicken next time and cook the diced chicken and in the pot).
2. Add chicken broth, Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce, water and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 25-25 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheddar until well incorporated, reserving a handful to sprinkle on the top. Cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt, and stir.
4. Serve

1 comment:

Hun.... WFD said...

Great idea using Manwich in pasta! Thank you for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.