Sunday, June 23, 2013

Crockpot Ham and Lentil Soup ***

I concocted this recipe with the help of several other recipes I found online.  I tried to take the best of each recipe and combine them together.  We all loved it.  It's not listed in the ingredients, but I served the boys' soup with just a little sprinkle of shredded cheddar on top.  It made for great leftovers the next day too!


CROCKPOT HAM AND LENTIL SOUP
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

40 oz box chicken broth
2 cups water
8 oz tomato sauce
1 lb dried lentils
1-1/2 cups chopped celery
1-1/2 cups chopped carrots
1-1/2 cups chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups diced cooked ham
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 bay leaves

In 5-6 quart crockpot, combine water, chicken broth, and tomato sauce.  Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cook for 10-11 hours on low.  Remove bay leaves before serving.
Yield: 8 servings

1 comment:

Hun.... WFD said...

I am pinning this to try once the cooler weather hits. I think the kids would really love lentils this way. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.