Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ham Asparagus Gratin ****

This was our second time to have this one.  It's so quick and easy that it's hard to pass up.  I used canned asparagus, since I was pressed for time, and I used the diced cooked ham.  I normally don't like how salty that ham is, so I rinsed it really well in a colander.  I also doubled the recipe so that we would have leftovers for lunches.  It would be much better with steamed asparagus, obviously, but it was still wonderful. 

Photo courtesy of Campbell's
 

HAM ASPARAGUS GRATIN
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ via Campbells)

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups cooked cut asparagus
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
2 1/4 cups rotini pasta, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheeseor Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)

Heat the oven to 400°F.
Stir the soup, milk, onion powder, black pepper, asparagus, ham, pasta and 1/2 cup cheese in an 2-quart baking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the ham mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the ham mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serves: 4
Amy's notes: I double everything except the pasta. I use 5-6 cups of that.

No comments: