Thursday, June 27, 2013

Apple Butter Spice Cookies ****

These are my very favorite road trip cookies.  I've been making them every summer for years, but I only let us indulge on trips. That always makes them a little more extra-special.  :-)  They're kind of fluffy and cakey, so they're perfect for our early morning drives.  I let the kids snack on them in place of muffins sometimes.  I always use the Stevia sugar substitute, and they still come out great.  I meant to try them with whole wheat flour this time, but I was completely out.  Oh well.  Next time, I guess.  Anyway, they're extra yummy and make the house smell divine.  I get about 40 or so cookies out of a batch.  Sorry for the not-so-great picture.  I had to take it on my phone, since I seem to have misplaced the camera, lol.


APPLE BUTTER SPICE COOKIES
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

2-1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup apple butter
1/2 cup Craisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream sugar and oil until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in apple butter. Add flour and cinnamon. Mix well. Stir in Craisins and pecans.
Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. They won't spread much, so make them the size you want them to be in the end.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on racks.

No comments: