Monday, October 22, 2012

Steamed Butternut Squash ***

Yum, yum, yum!  We just bought some local honey at a harvest festival last weekend, so I've been looking for new recipes to try it in.  This was a total score for me.  The kids didn't love it as much as I did, sadly.  I made it with a Mexican dish, though.  It's possible that the kids just didn't like how they went together, though.  I couldn't help it.  I had a craving.  :-)  I'll give it another shot soon and see how it goes.

STEAMED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Meals for You)

1-1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
1 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 Tbs. honey
1/4 tsp. pepper

Place squash in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 10-12 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly to a chunky texture.

No comments: