Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hard Boiled Eggs in the Oven ****

I am completely useless when it comes to making hard boiled eggs.  I've tried every trick in the book.  That's why this one stood out for me.  This is absolutely amazing.  I've had it in my "to try" file on Pinterest for ages, but I never got around to doing it.  I ended up cooking mine on 335 for 30 minutes.  They had a few teeny tiny little burned spots, but I could easily pinch those off.  The taste was great, and I loved that I didn't have to waste an egg trying to figure out if they're done or not. 

Picture from The Burlap Bag
 

HARD BOILED EGGS IN THE OVEN
(Pinterest ~ originally from The Burlap Bag)

1 dozen eggs
Muffin tin

Preheat oven to 325-350 (depending on the oven.  Place eggs (still in shell) in the muffin tin.  Bake in oven for 30 minutes.  Get a huge bowl of ice water.  Use tongs and put all of the eggs in the water. This stops the eggs from cooking more and getting yucky green. After they are cooled (about 10 minutes), you can peel them.
NOTE: When you bake eggs, the shells will get little brown dots. This is fine.  When you soak them in water the brown spots will all disappear.
*Amy's notes: I cooked mine at 335 for 30 minutes.  I will probably go down to 325 next time.

No comments: