Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Peach Bake **

This wasn't too bad, but it definitely could have been better.  I'm still not sure what size casserole dish they are suggesting, but I used a 9x13.  I really wish I'd cut the yams into smaller pieces.  We did like the flavor, but I was disappointed that the sugar and butter mixture didn't carmelize.  I let it sit for a bit and cool after taking it out of the oven, and it never did thicken.  Just kind of a runny liquid around the potatoes.  I could see this as a start to a good recipe, but lots of changes would need to be made.


SWEET POTATO PEACH BAKE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Bruce's Yams can)

3 (15-oz) cans Bruce's Cut Yams, drained
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup broken pecans
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 small can of peach slices, drained
1-1/2 tbsp butter or margarine

Combine brown sugar, pecans, ginger, and salt. Layer half the sweet potatoes in a casserole baking dish, then half the brown sugar mixture. Repeat. Dot with butter. Bake covered in 350* oven for 30 minutes. Uncover. Put sliced peaches on top. Bake 10 minutes longer.

No comments: