Monday, July 16, 2012

Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins **

These are definitely not pretty muffins, but they had a decent flavor.  They had a slight doughy taste to them, even though they were completely cooked.  I used a sugar-free yellow cake mix.  It was sweet enough, but in my opinion, the pumpkin flavor was kind of lost in there.  I think I might try it with a little bit of cinnamon next time.  The kids liked them, and they were beyond easy.  Those were my main concerns, so it all worked out.  :)


CAKE MIX PUMPKIN MUFFINS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ via Sweet Verbena)

One Cake mix- OP used yellow
1 -15 ounce can 100% pumpkin- puree, not pumpkin pie filling

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients. Pour into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Add a dusting of powdered sugar, or better yet some homemade cream cheese frosting for added awesomeness.  Makes 12 large muffins.
Note: Batter will be extremely thick.

No comments: