Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stuffed Pork Chops with Corn in the Crockpot ***

So, I took my mom's advice and tried this with the green beans.  We.  Loved.  It.  My kids ate the green beans with no complaints or bribery!  I used two cans of drained green beans.  My only complaint is that it had a bit too much liquid with those.  I'm not really sure how to fix that yet, though.  I'm still thinking on it.  At the time, I just ladled the extra out.  I know that it would be fine if I cut it down to just one can of green beans, but I liked having quite a bit in there.  Maybe I'll try draining them in a colander and then patting them dry, to get a little more of the liquid out.  Anyway, I'll be making this with the green beans from now on, because it's just yummers.  :)


STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH CORN IN THE CROCKPOT
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Fix-It-and-Forget-It)

6-oz pkg stuffing mix for pork
5 to 6 boneless pork chops
14-oz can whole-kernel corn (or green beans)
10¾-oz can cream of mushroom soup

Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Place pork chops in slow cooker and spoon prepared stuffing mix over chops.
Spoon corn over stuffing. Pour soup over all without adding water to dilute soup.
Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
*Amy's notes: I've also subbed two cans of green beans for the corn.

Previous Posts:
1/27/11 ~ This turned out much better than I thought it would. To be honest, when it was done, it still looked kind of soupy, and my first thought was that I was going to have to trash it and quickly find something else to throw together for dinner. I made everyone try it first, and it was absolutely delicious! I've mentioned before that I occasionally get a craving for StoveTop, so that's what made me try it in the first place. As always, I used the cornbread dressing one instead of the stuffing (texture issue for me). I also used 6 boneless pork loin chops. They were a little thicker than the thin chops and not as thick as the thick ones. We ate every bit of this, with only a little left for dh to take for his lunch the next day, and the kids were making their "yummy" noises the entire time we ate. This one is so easy to throw together and so yummy that I'm definitely putting it down for my rushed nights. I was telling my mom about it, and she wants to try it with green beans instead of the corn. That sounds really good, so I'm thinking I may have to try that one soon too. :)

No comments: