Monday, June 11, 2012

Roasted Squash Chips ***

These don't really come out like "chips," per se, but we enjoyed them anyway.  It would probably be best to make them in a large baking sheet with a cooling rack on top.  That would allow for a crispier texture, but I love them and their squishy goodness.  The slightly thicker rounds were actually my favorite, even though the thinner ones seemed to hold the flavor of the salt and pepper better.  I guess it depends on what you're aiming for, taste-wise.  I could have easily eaten an entire batch of these myself, but I am really crazy about my squash.  :)


ROASTED SQUASH CHIPS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

4 medium yellow squash
Olive oil cooking spray
Sea Salt
Papper

Preheat oven to 375. Slice squash into thin circles, about 1/4" thick. Spray baking sheet evenly with cooking spray. Lay out the squash on the sheet, close but not touching. Spray squash with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Cook for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.

No comments: