Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pizza Tot Casserole ***

The second I saw this, I knew we needed to try it.  I don't know what it is, but I am absolutely in love with tater tots.  There.  I've said it.  The first step is admitting it, right?  So you throw tater tots in a recipe, and chances are pretty good that I'm going to like it.  I'm like an overgrown kid in that respect.  Except for the regular tater tot casserole with the cream of ___ soups.  Never been a fan of that one.  I'd gladly pick the tots off the top of it, though.  :-)
I really thought I had mushrooms when I bought the ingredients, but I was wrong, unfortunately.  We had just the basic recipe, as is, but it was still great.  The kids and dh all enjoyed it as well.  Next time, I want to use the little mini pepperonis, just to save a little time (like a whole 5 seconds, lol), and I'll make sure to do the mushrooms and add a little more cheese.  Other than that, this one is a winner with us just as it's written.  Thank you, Rachel, for another awesome recipe.  :-)


PIZZA TOT CASSEROLE
(4kowboys ~ Rachel)

1lb. ground beef
1 jar pizza sauce
10-15 slices pepperoni, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 bag frozen tater tots
*additional toppings optional

Preheat oven 425 degrees. Crumble and brown the ground meat until done, add sauce, pepperoni and heat through. Pour into 13x9 casserole dish. Cover with Mozzarella cheese *(add any other additional toppings you would like such as mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, ham, whatever you like on your pizza!). Top with tator tots covering top. Bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes or until tots are crispy brown.

1 comment:

4*KowBoys said...

I am glad you enjoyed the recipe. I would love to try it with other pizza toppings, too, but my kids wouldn't like it very much,lol.