Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Crockpot Overnight Oatmeal with Maple and Brown Sugar ****

Oh. My. Word.  I am absolutely in love with steel-cut oatmeal!  I tried overnight oats with the old-fashioned oats once, and I ended up with a horrid, clumpy mess.  I was slow to try it again, but I decided to give it one more chance.  I am so very glad I did.  This is delicious!  The texture is a little different than regular, obviously, but it's just wonderful.  I will experiment with other flavors later, but for now, this is my craving.  The best part is that I could just put the leftovers in a tupperware bowl in the fridge.  Three different mornings this week, I took it back out, scooped some in a bowl, microwaved it, added a little milk, and had a hot breakfast with hardly any effort.  So yummy!  I never did get a pic, but I'll try to get one when I make it again next time (probably next week, lol).

CROCKPOT OVERNIGHT OATMEAL WITH MAPLE AND BROWN SUGAR
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

8 cups water
2 cups steel-cut oatmeal (ONLY USE STEEL-CUT)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup

Add all ingredients to 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Drizzle each serving with maple syrup if desired.

No comments: