Monday, June 20, 2011

Kramer Crockpot Chicken Tortellini ***

As usual, there were plenty of "wows" around the table for this one. Initially, I was worried about the celery and carrots, but the kids actually had fun trying to guess what all was in it. It tastes almost like a thick chicken noodle soup. Dh said it reminded him of the flavors in a chicken pot pie. I like to use the pre-cut matchstick carrots.  I also usually put in all of the chicken broth from the can and use a 20-oz pkg of refrigerated tortellini.  This time, I had a bunch of sliced mushrooms that would have gone bad soon, so I threw them in.  WONDERFUL addition!  I'm going to do that one from now on!

KRAMER CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTELLINI
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of celery soup
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 cup chicken broth
1 (12 ounce) package spinach and cheese tortellini

Place everything but tortellini in your crock pot and cook on low all day (6-8 hours) or on high for 3-4 hours.
Either cook tortellini according to package directions and mix in before serving, or place uncooked tortellini in crock one hour before serving and turn it up to high setting, but stir gently often.
* Amy's notes: I use the full can of chicken broth and a 20-oz pkg of refrigerated tortellini.  I also like to add a cup or two of sliced mushrooms.

No comments: