Friday, December 24, 2010

Smoked Salmon Spread **

This was just okay for us.  It's a great base for a recipe, but it just seemed like it was missing something.  It was kind of bland for my tastes.  I first served it on regular crackers, but that just didn't taste right.  I ended up doing pita and bagel chips, and those were much better.  The salt from those gave it a bit more flavor.  I think it would have been even better on the garlic bagel chips.  I want to try another version of this sometime, since I think it does have potential.

Photo courtesy of Food.com

SMOKED SALMON SPREAD
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Food.com)

12 ounces smoked salmon
2 (8 ounce) packages Neufchatel cheese
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons milk
1 ½ teaspoons dill weed
¼ cup green onion

Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, milk and dill weed until well combined.
Crumble or shred salmon and add to cheese mix.
Mix until blended and desired consistency. More mixing breaks up salmon more - less keeps it chunkier.
Chop green onions and garnish the top of spread with them or mix into spread.
Serve well-chilled with crackers, toast points or sliced/cubed bread.

No comments: