Sunday, July 3, 2016

Egg Sausage and Spinach Casserole **

I actually made this one back in the spring, but I never got around to posting it.  I've since lost the picture that I took of mine.  It was basically the same as the one from the original posting, so I'm including that below.  Just know that the pic is from her meal, not mine.

I enjoyed this one, but sadly, the rest of the family did not.  I did add mushrooms to ours, but considering that we all adore spinach and mushrooms, I don't see how that could have affected the final result.  I would still like to try it again, though, just in case.  I figure I've waited long enough now that they probably won't even remember the first time. ;-)  I think I might go ahead and use the full-egg Egg Beaters, though, just to kind of *beef* it up a bit.


EGG SAUSAGE AND SPINACH CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ LaurenKellyNutrition)

12 egg whites or 1 box of egg whites or combination of whole eggs and egg whites, whatever you prefer
1 package of lean turkey breakfast sausage
2 cups of baby spinach
1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese blend or whatever cheese you like

Spray casserole dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place baby spinach (or whatever vegetables you like) on the bottom of casserole dish.  Next layer with sliced sausage and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Pour egg whites on top and bake for 35 minutes until completely cooked ( I do not like wet eggs AT ALL!)
ENJOY!!  Makes 6 servings.  Cut into 6 equal servings immediately so you aren’t tempted to eat more than the correct portion.

No comments: