Friday, December 25, 2015

Easy Sweet 'n Tangy Crockpot Meatballs ****

I know there's really no need to post a recipe for this one.  Pretty much everyone has tried either this version or the grape jelly and BBQ sauce one at some point in their lives.  But even so, it was the first time I've made any of them myself.  The grape jelly one is usually just too sweet for my tastes, so I decided to give this one a go instead.  We loved it.  I doubled the recipe for our family Christmas party, and it was almost completely gone by the time we left.  I'll definitely be making them again!

EASY SWEET 'N TANGY CROCKPOT MEATBALLS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ TheFrugalGirls)

26oz fully-cooked frozen meatballs (homemade or store-bought)
1 (14oz) can of jellied cranberry sauce
1 (12oz) bottle of Heinz chili sauce

Combine cranberry jelly and chili sauce in a bowl, then stir.
Based upon your preferences, you can alter the proportions of cranberry jelly {sweet} and chili sauce {tangy}.
Add frozen meatballs to crockpot and cover with sauce mixture.
Heat on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Once they're nice and hot, let simmer on LOW or WARM setting. ENJOY!

No comments: