Thursday, August 20, 2015

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff ***

This was super simple but still pretty yummy.  I added a carton of mushrooms, and I would highly recommend that.  The really add a lot to the flavor, in my opinion.  Hubby and the kids loved it, but hubby said it seemed like it was missing something that he couldn't put his finger on.  I used whole wheat noodles, so I'm sure that was part of it.  Maybe I'll use a bit more worchestershire next time.  The directions say to brown the meat and cook the onions, but I just dumped everything (except the noodles) directly into the pot.  I cooked on high for 2 hours and low for 2 hours.  I did use a kind of meat labeled carne pasada.  Loved it.  Will do that from now on.  It's just little strips of meat, but since my only complaint with stroganoff is the beef chunks, they are the perfect solution for me!


CROCK POT BEEF STROGANOFF
(luckmommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ EazyPeazyMealz)

8 ounces cream cheese
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
4 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 cup milk
1 tsp garlic salt
1 lb beef stew meat
1 large onion
1 package egg noodles

Start by chopping up your onion, and putting it in fry pan with your stew meat.
Season with the garlic salt.
Cook just until the onion starts to get translucent and meat is browned on outside, but not cooked through.
Mix together milk, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and cream cheese. Stir well so not too lumpy.
Put sauce mixture and meat and onions in crock pot, put lid on, and cook on low for 4-6 hours. You can stir occasionally.
Just before finished, boil water and cook noodles according to package directions.
When noodles are cooked through, and drained, stir into crock pot. Let sit about 5 minutes, then serve.
*luckymommy/Amy's notes: I added a carton of mushrooms and just mixed all ingredients except noodles directly into the crockpot, without browning the meat.

No comments: