Monday, August 17, 2015

Creamy Mushroom Chicken (Crockpot) ***

We just love this one.  It's been several years since I've made it, though.  I have no idea why, since it's so darn easy, and the kids just love it.  My stores never carry jars of the mushroom gravy, so I just use two packets of the dry mushroom gravy mix and then put it and the required two cups of water directly into the crockpot. After the chicken is done cooking, I shred it and put it back in the gravy.  I then cook a bag of egg noodles and add them directly to the crockpot.  I also like to sprinkle a little shredded cheddar on each serving.  Really good comfort food.  The chicken totally takes on the flavor of the gravy, so there's lots of flavor in each bite.  The chicken stays amazingly tender and didn't even dry up the time that I put it in frozen and cooked it for 8 hours.  This would be a perfect weekend lunch for us.  It's great as a supper, but it's just so convenient for everyone to be able to grab a quick bowl when they're ready to eat.  Simple!



CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ from "Fix It and Forget It")

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
12 oz jar mushroom gravy
1 c milk
8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
4-1/2 oz can chopped green chilies
1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
Cover. Cook on Low 6 hours.
Serve over noodles or rice.
* Amy's notes: I mix two packets of dry gravy mix and two cups of water along with the other ingredients, except for the chicken, into the crockpot.  I stir until mixed well, and then add the chicken.  I've also subbed frozen b/s chicken breasts and then upped the time to 8 hours.  I like to shred the chicken after it's cooked and add cooked egg noodles to the crock.  I then sprinkle a little shredded cheddar on each serving.

No comments: