Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pull-Apart Pizza Bread **

I love bread, I love pull-aparts, and I love pizza.  This one seemed like a no-brainer.  I couldn't get it to cook right, though.  I used the bundt and lined it with foil, as suggested, and even with an additional 10 minutes of cooking time, I still had doughy pieces.  The flavor was great, though.  I have another pull-apart recipe that I love, Bacon-Cheese Pull-Aparts, and it calls for a glass baking dish.  I would definitely be willing to try this one again, using the glass dish instead.  I think that could make all the difference in the world.  My dad loved it, though.  He even asked for the recipe, which he never does, lol.  I can see giving this one another chance in a different baking dish.

PULL-APART PIZZA BREAD
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ TheCountryCook)

1 (12 oz) tube refrigerated flaky biscuits
1 tbsp. olive oil
16 slices pepperoni, quartered
1/4 cup shredded pizza-blend cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
t tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
pizza sauce, for dipping

Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
(OP's Note: The original recipe states to line your bundt pan with aluminum foil, then spray with nonstick cooking spray. I just used the nonstick and I did have to kind of go around the edges with a butter knife before it would release. But it did end up coming out just fine.)
Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, place in a bowl.
Toss biscuit pieces with oil and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
Add biscuits; toss well to coat.
Arrange in the prepared Bundt pan.
Bake at 400F degrees for 15 minutes (or until golden).
Turn bread out of pan onto a serving plate while still warm.
You may need to take a butter knife and gently go around the edges to get it to loosen it up.
I like to serve it top side up (the pretty side).
Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Makes about 2 dozen pieces.

No comments: