Monday, January 12, 2015

PB&J Spirals ***

There really wasn't any risk on this one for us.  The kids love the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Crescents, and they love PB&J.  There was no doubt in my mind that they'd love these as well.  I skipped adding the peanuts, since I knew they wouldn't care for that.  I also skipped the powdered sugar.  Seemed to be a little bit of sweetness overkill in my mind.  I did half with grape jelly (the 11-year-old's favorite) and half with strawberry jelly (the 9-year-old's favorite), so it was pretty handy to be able to swap it up for their preferences.  I'd love to try the bananas and PB and honey that she mentions.  I'll have to do that one soon.  The jelly stuck to the pan and kind of ruined the prettiness of the crescents, so next time, I think I'll put a little bit of cooking spray on there.  But they were definite winners for us.

PB&J SPIRALS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ MomsCrazyCooking)
Taste of Home Grand Prize Winners Cookbook 2010

1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
8 tsp creamy peanut butter
8 tsp grape jelly (or whatever your favorite kind may be)
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
2 tbsp confectioner's sugar

Optional: We did some with bananas, peanut butter and honey. (these were equally good)
Unroll the dough and separate into triangles. Spread 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1 tsp jelly on the wide side of triangle; sprinkle with peanuts. Roll them up in crescent shape and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 11 -13 minutes or until lightly browned. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve Warm.

No comments: