Saturday, March 1, 2014

Beer Crockpot Chicken **

This was pretty good.  It smells divine while cooking.  I used a bunch of boneless skinless thighs.  I cooked mine 4 hours on high, and it was a bit too long.  My crock always runs hot, so I think they probably would have been perfect at the 3-hour point.  Because of that, they were kind of dry.  I'm going to try them again with a shorter cook time and see what we think.  The flavor was really pretty good, so it's definitely worth a shot.  There's absolutely no beer flavor to them at all.  I'm not a fan of beer, but I love it when used in cooking.  This didn't disappoint in that respect.  I served it with the Parmesan-Roasted Green Beans, and they went together perfectly.


BEER CROCKPOT CHICKEN
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ MyDailyDish)

4-6 Chicken Breasts or 1 Whole or cut up Chicken
1 Can of any kind of Beer
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
*You can use whatever spices you like

Put all ingredients into crockpot.
If frozen cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10.
If fresh cook on high 3-4 hrs or low 7-8 hours.

No comments: