Monday, November 18, 2013

Kari's Smothered Burritos ****

We absolutely adored this one.  I couldn't find green chili in any stores in our area (and trust me, I looked everywhere I could think of), so I had to look one up online.  I decided on World's Best Chili Verde. It was perfect.  It made enough chili to do this recipe and then bag up and freezer two more servings for future meals.  I'm definitely making this one again soon, because every single one of us loved it.  I'm not sure what size pan was meant to be used, but I only had a 9x13 casserole dish.  I was only able to fit 9 or 10 burritos in there, and I squished those suckers in there tight, lol.  I had quite a bit of the meat mixture left over as well.  I did have to cook mine for about 20 minutes, but that was mainly because I was using ground turkey that I'd cooked in the crockpot earlier and placed in the refrigerator (see recipe for Slow Cooker Crumbled Beef).  Not sure how to fix that without messing up the other numbers, but I'll think on it for a bit.  This was most definitely a winner for us, though.


KARI'S SMOTHERED BURRITOS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ my friend Kari)

Green chili of your choice (I made my own - World's Best Chili Verde)
1 lb ground beef...season with chili powder, garlic salt, and pepper.
1 (30 oz) can refried beans
1 (7 oz) can green chilies, chopped
1 (15 oz) can of regular chili with beans
1 lb package of shredded cheese
12 tortillas

Brown the ground beef with the seasonings; Drain grease from ground beef.
Mix in the can of regular chili, can of refried beans, and the chopped green chilies with browned ground beef.
Wrap the beef and bean mixture in tortillas; add some shredded cheese in if desired.
Put in a shallow baking pan. Smother with green chili, top with remaining cheese.
Bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
ENJOY!

No comments: