Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Garlicky Mushrooms Supreme ***

Yummy, yummy, yummy!  Monkey 2 has a fascination with mushrooms right now (he gets that from his mama!), so I knew I wanted to give another mushroom recipe a shot.  I doubled the mushrooms and just left the rest of the recipe the same.  Although, I did use dried minced garlic and dried parsley.  Even Monkey 1 loved it, and he's not usually all that keen on mushrooms.  Same goes for hubby, and he was just as impressed as the rest of us.  It's nothing at all fancy, but I love that about it.  It lets the natural flavor of the mushrooms shine through.  The only change I would make is to double the garlic next time as well.  It didn't quite come out as strongly as I would have liked.  I served them with Lasagna Sandwiches.

Photo from Food.com

GARLICKY MUSHROOMS SUPREME
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Food.com)

1 lb mushroom, sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil
7 garlic cloves, sliced
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
salt and pepper

Saute mushrooms in olive oil, covered about 15 minutes.
Uncover; add garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
Simmer until liquid evaporates.
Don't let the garlic brown.

No comments: